Tuesday, September 16, 2014

La Creperie Katipunan

La Creperie, Katipunan
I'm now in my fourth year in UP Diliman and I spent a good chunk of my years here eating in Katipunan. It used to be exciting to eat in Katipunan, wanting to try each and every single restaurant there is. I think I've nearly ate in most of the restaurants here, which is why I started looking for something new. That search led me to Estaban Abada Street and La Creperie.

I'm such a sucker for anything sweet so it didn't take me long to drag one of my closest friends since high school, who I fondly call Derp, to this street just behind Katipunan avenue to check out this fairly hidden place.

The doors leading to La Creperie

La Creperie interiors

The inside was narrow and had no more than 15 tables. The interior decoration made the place feel very rustic and the music that was played was French, which is a very big plus since I've encountered French, Italian and Japanese restaurants playing American songs. It's not that big of a sin but it's nice when the music compliments that overall look or ambiance of the restaurant.

The choice of decor added to rustic feel of La Creperie

Flowers
Love is _______________

Derp and I just really went for the crepe since we were planning to have lunch in B. Wings after (Yes, desserts do come first). We agreed to order one each and share. There were a lot of choices, however, so it was hard to pick which two to get. It took about 10-15 minutes give or take before we finally decided. This is what I ordered:

Mango Hazelnut au Chocolat, Php 255
The menu describes the Mango Hazelnut au Chocolat as Chocolate crepe, fresh mangoes, hazelnut spread, salted butter caramel and vanilla ice cream. I'm a big, big fan of chocolate so I had high expectations for this. It was a good mix of flavors, though I was surprised when the crepe came out with whipped cream instead of the vanilla ice cream. It was overcooked since the edges specifically tasted burnt. It's easy to overcook chocolate crepe because of the color so it's something they should be careful of. I encountered a few chunks of sour mangoes but it was tolerable, not the type that will make your lips pucker.

The Derp ordered the Churro Crepe (Crepe with butter, cinnamon sugar, and Spanish-style dark chocolate served 2 ways -- for dipping and sipping in an espresso cup), which was actually one of those I was choosing from.

Churro Crepe, Php 195
The crepe itself was just okay. It had a good cinnamon flavor that wasn't too overpowering. What saved the dish and made it worth it was the Spanish-style dark chocolate. It was thick, smooth and very rich, just the way I like it. I'd go back to La Creperie just for this dark chocolate. It was so, so good.

TWG Silver Moon Tea
We had a pot of TWG Silver Moon Tea (around Php 250 if you want unlimited servings) to go with our crepes. I highly commend La Creperie for having TWG. I'm a tea-drinker and while I have nothing against Twinings or other tea brands, it's not often that I find a place that serves TWG. I was very much impressed when I saw it on their menu.

Price-wise, La Creperie is pricey but I think that you get your money's worth nonetheless. I have a bit of a problem with their service because throughout the time we dined there, there were only 2 tables occupied. But even if this was the case, the servers were always busy doing something else at the counter and it wasn't easy to get their attention. Our food arrived quickly, however, so it's a plus point for them.

I'd definitely go back to La Creperie because there's many, many more I have to try. Among them that I plan on trying are the Telefono Style past (With creamy tomato sauce, mozzarella, garlic, and pesto drizzle), Double Chocolate Fudge Brownie Crepe (Moist fudge brownie inside a chocolate crepe with bittersweet chocolate and vanilla ice cream) and Angus Beef (Crepe topped with Angus beef tapa, egg, chopped tomato and green salad).

~*~*~*~*~*~
La Creperie

Address: 88 Esteban Abada Street, Loyola Heights, Quezon City (It's the street behind Katipunan Avenue. La Creperie is located in the side of Esteban Abada that is closer to KFC)

Contact number: 09325112371

~*~*~*~*~*~


'Til the next time I see you,

1 comment:

  1. Bb love, you need to update this blog. Hahaha <3

    ReplyDelete