Sunday, December 16, 2012

To The Little Angels and Brave Heroes This World Has Lost, Be Happy Up There in Heaven

It's hard to try and wrap my head around what happened in Newtown last Friday. Sure, there has a been a couple of shooting incidents the past years but this probably is the one that pulled on the heartstrings of people around the world more for we've lost twenty beautiful children (aged 6 and 7) and six wonderful, loving educators.

It makes me tear up each and every time I read an article about the shooting and it's so heartbreaking when you think of those families who lost a child just days before Christmas, those children whose innocence are robbed so selfishly from them at such a young age.

What struck me most was this letter a little boy wrote during the shooting nightmare





It's so heartbreaking to see a kid deal with knowing that he can die anytime and the possibility that he will never ever see his parents again. A teacher who survived the incident told about how her students said that they just want to have Christmas and to hug their parents and... just wow. I'm lost for words.

This post I dedicate to the 20 beautiful little angels who left this world and to the 6 heroes who lost everything trying to save lives left. I end this with a GIF I found over in Tumblr - a simple yet stark remember of all the lives lost

May you rest in peace in the eternal kingdom.


0 comments:

Post a Comment