Friday, December 21, 2012

Dear Writer, From A Fellow Writer

Ever since I began writing fan fiction, I've always valued my talent or skill in writing. I've been doing this for about eight years already, writing fan fiction under wrestling (yes, believe it or not, it exists), Vampire Diaries and, most recently, KPOP.

Through the years and with every story I write, it overwhelms me to read every compliment and comment from fellow authors and readers (Thank you, thank you so much for them once again). I honestly think I've improved when it comes to how I write, how I tell a story. When I started, I wasn't good at all. My earlier stories make me cringe because they're awkward and there are so many things I wanna change, so many mistakes that I wanna correct.

Despite how much I think I've improved, there is still such a long way to go for me. I've become better at writing (I suppose) yet there is still so much to learn, so much farther to go... which is why I nearly fell over in shock when an author in AFF asked me to be his/her mentor.



Sure, a few months ago I've gotten into this "Help Aspiring Authors Write" mode. I've put up a collection of prompts in AFF and all that. I've been so certain that a lot of my readers are like what I once was - an avid reader who dreams of writing his or her own story. But actually mentor someone else? It is nothing short of an honor and one of the best compliments I've ever received.

It was during one of those mentoring days that I came up with this idea. As I previously told you, I've put up a Prompt Collection in AFF (which you can access by clicking here). But during that day, I felt like putting up prompts isn't enough so I decided to go with the next best thing - plot bunnies.

So what you will see below is a collection of plot bunnies I came up with. They are general frameworks for stories that can help guide you should you run out of inspiration or want to overcome writer's block. But as you've probably realized, many stories (whether fanfiction or published novels) are generally similar. The way they are told is what makes every story different... so if you should find a plot bunny here that is similar to a story of yours, I promise you it is just a coincidence.

Like what I previously said, these plot bunnies are general plots or frameworks. The story, in general, will always be up to you and not me. Every characterization in the story is up to you. Every twist and turn in the story is up to you. The point of view comes from you and of course, the ending is up to you.

Every plot bunny in the list ends with one question - What will happen in the end? Remember, even though the general plot came from this collection, it is still your story. You will determine how everything goes and how the story ends.

So how does this work? There are rows of numbers below and just click a number of choice. Each number will reveal a plot bunny in the form of an image. You will see a copyright symbol in every image but they are not for the plot bunnies themselves. The copyright symbol is there for the image itself. I made those images myself and they took a lot of labor and time so I guess I have the right to at least label them as mine.

The characters in the plot bunnies are named as "Person A", "Person B" and so on. I usually write stories of heterosexual pairings (meaning boy and girl pairings), which, in the case of KPOP, are Sooyoung-HET pairings. There may be some authors out there who prefer to write yaoi or yuri stories and I don't want to limit them.

I used the word person to imply that the gender is mainly up to you. There is an exception, however, for a few stories in the collection where the character's ideal gender is indicated, which are labelled as "Guy A" or "Girl A". These plot bunnies aren't just for fanfiction writers so if you wish to use them for OC (original character) stories, go ahead

I think I've said too much already. The list currently houses 100 plot bunnies and I will be adding more as the days go by. I think it'd be helpful if you bookmark this entry so that you can go back to it anytime to you need them and also if you wanna check for additional plot bunnies. I'm also thinking of making an offline version of sorts. If you think I should push through with it, let me know.

That's basically it. I hope writers out there can find this useful and Merry Christmas!


'Til the next time I see you,
P.S.: AFF authors, it'd be nice if you credit me (flow19 in AFF) if you use these plot bunnies :)



 1                            2                              3                              4                              5

 6                            7                              8                              9                             10

11                          12                            13                             14                           15

16                          17                            18                             19                           20

21                          22                            23                             24                           25

26                          27                            28                             29                           30

31                          32                            33                             34                           35

36                          37                            38                             39                           40

41                          42                            43                             44                           45

46                          47                            48                             49                           50

51                          52                            53                             54                           55

56                          57                            58                             59                           60

61                          62                            63                             64                           65

66                          67                            68                             69                           70

71                          72                            73                             74                           75

76                          77                            78                             79                           80

81                          82                            83                              84                          85

86                          87                            88                              89                          90

91                          92                            93                              94                          95

96                          97                            98                              99                         100

0 comments:

Post a Comment